18 comments on “SefaUtil Gui v2.1

  1. Johan, i’ve been testing the updated script and the delegate delay sort of works but because you have no control over the voicemail time you still end up with un-expected results.

    If i know what the users voicemail ring time is i can use the delegate delay accurately. For example if the voicemail delay for a user is 40sec i know i can set the delegate delay to a number below this, say,25sec and this works. Oddly though when doing so the delegate delay number in SefaUtil Gui will change to be the time between delegate ring and forward to voicemail, so 15 sec in this example.

    If i don’t know the voicemaii time, say its 30 sec, and i set the the delegate time to 35 the user settings get set to ring the delegate immediately and the voicemail time gets seems to get set to the 30sec + whatever the delegate time if one had previously been set.

    Feel free to drop me an email if you want any more info.

    Thanks

    Jonathan

  2. I’m not seeing any settings any more that indicate that the user is configured to go to voice mail at all, and I have confirmed that they are.

    Additionally, even though I’m downloading from the 2.1 link, the file and gui still indicate 2.0.

  3. Thanks for a great utility.
    Since v2.0 I am not seeing any information in the text box at the bottom of the screen.The info tab shows “Retrieving user info for…” and “User info retrieved updating GUI”. Other parts of the GUI update fine but not that text box that usually contains the information (UM Enabled, Simulring enabled, Simultaneously Ringing Delegates, etc). It worked fine in v1.0. The Info tab doesn’t indicate any error messages. Is that expected behavior?

  4. Delegates do not seem to update correctly. After removing a delegate and refreshing the view the old delegate re-appears. We are using v2.1. The command line shows the correct delegates but the GUI seems to be caching information as it shows the old delegate and the new one added.

  5. Looks like it has problems with a Skype4B Pool and a SQL backenddatabase. The Script tries to connect to the Frontend Poolname userin SQL 1434 instead of the SQL-Backend pool.
    The Line 1136 contains “$server = $pool”.

    You should enhance it. You can get the backend SQL Name with

    $server = (get-csservice -UserServer -poolfqdn $pool).userdatabase.split(“:”)[1]

    But there is no Instance Named RTCLOCAL. Still some more work to do 🙂

  6. $server = (get-csservice -UserServer -poolfqdn $pool).userdatabase.split(“:”)[1]

    But there is no Instance Named RTCLOCAL. Still some more work to do ?

    RTCLOCAL instance for SFB 2015 enterprise pool only exists on replica databases which are on FE servers, not SQL back end.

    I’d suggest just connecting to whatever RTCLOCAL instance the user is currently using as the primary registrar to prevent configuration delay. you can pull the value of the server for each user with the following “line 1136” edit.

    $server = (get-csuserpoolinfo $user).primarypoolprimaryregistrar

  7. Script not running for Lync 2010

    Test-Path : Illegal characters in path.
    At C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\ResKit\Start-SefaUtil.ps1:99 cha
    r:15
    + If (Test-Path <<<< $SEFAUtilPath`←){
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (C:\Program File…t\SEFAUtil.e
    xe←:String) [Test-Path], ArgumentException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ItemExistsArgumentError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Com
    mands.TestPathCommand

  8. getting this when selecting a user

    Exception calling “Add” with “1” argument(s): “Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: item”
    At C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\ResKit\Start-SefaUtil.ps1:2379 c
    har:41
    + [void] $LB_User_Details.Items.Add <<<< ($item)
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *